TAIYO NIPPON SANSO CORPORATION (the "Company") recognizes that the proper management of personal information is very important. The Company will follow the Japanese laws and regulations governing the protection of personal information, properly review the following contents and continuously improve them. The Company will take all necessary steps to protect the acquired information from being leaked, lost, or damaged. The Company will also provide necessary training to its directors, employees and related personnel regarding the proper handling of personal information.
Definition of Personal Information
Personal information refers to information with which a particular individual can be identified—including any information that can be matched with other information to identify a particular individual—e.g. name, address, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address.
Acquisition & Use of Personal Information
Personal information acquired by the Company may be used in the following ways:
- to develop and maintain smooth relations with business partners and related entities.
- to provide products or services requested by the customer, including product sales, repair and inspection, after-sales service, and catalog distribution (personal information includes such information necessary to understand the requirements of the customer such as a customer's purchase history and repair history).
- to enable response to customer inquiries and requests (including the collection of customer inquiry history for the purpose of improving the Company's responsiveness).
- to respond to applications to employment and related inquiries.
- to process and use acquired information as statistical data, provided that particular individuals cannot be identified.
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Provision to Third Parties
Acquired personal information shall not be disclosed to third parties except as listed below:
- with prior consent
- where authorized by the Personal Data Protection Law or any other relevant laws and regulations in Japan.
Provision to Subcontractors
Acquired personal information may be disclosed and offered to subcontractors within the limited scope necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information is being used. This could be, for example, when the Company sends products to a distributor or assigns the role of organizing a campaign to a data processing company. In such a case, a confidentiality agreement shall be signed by the third party and the Company shall strictly monitor and supervise the handling of the personal information by the third party.
Sharing of Personal Information
Acquired personal information may be shared and used within the Company and its group companies in order to attain the usage purposes described in the "Acquisition & Use of Personal Information." Personal information that may be shared within the group includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, mail addresses, purchase histories, repair histories, inquiry history and content, and request content. TAIYO NIPPON SANSO CORPORATION is responsible for protecting the personal information that is shared and used by the Group.
Inquiries from customers regarding their own personal information, including verification of the purpose of the usage of the personal information, and the giving of opinions or making of complaints with regard to personal information handling, shall be forwarded to the section to which the customer initially provided the personal information.